The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technologies that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trip.We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Why build your career at EPS?
- We’re re-inventing online travel, one day at a time – it’s an exciting challenge. We’re super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We’ve got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don’t do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners – from search marketing whiz kids to the world’s leading airlines and travel agents.
- We’re a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn’t that cool?
- We love to participate in data science conferences and communities
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a really nice office in central London.
This role is for a junior Data Scientist to join EPS’s amazing Data Science team. We create state of the art machine learning models with large business value for EPS and impact the online travel market. The team focuses on four main pillars: impact, innovation, transparency and collaboration. Everything we do should have measurable business impact. The focus of our team is not providing insight for executives to make decisions, rather working on innovative algorithms and models that make intelligent, automated, data-driven decisions in real time, billions of times a day. To achieve that we collaborate with the analytics, sales, product and technology teams.
In this role, you’ll be our 007 agent and you’ll also be creating thousands of artificial intelligent agents at the same time. You’ll dive into cutting edge machine learning models, experiment and apply new ones, and apply analytics at scale in order to impact the business. Use the latest cloud and data technologies to train and deploy machine learning models at scale. If you can prove your approaches are good, they’ll be quickly deployed to production. You’re smart and passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and you are able to communicate that passion. You have a keen desire to solve problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. You propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you. You’re looking for a role with diverse learning opportunities, growing and having fun while at it. You’re expected to keep abreast of the latest data science industry developments and coach the team on them. Be enthusiastic in collaborating, developing relationships within the company, and finding new business applications of data science and learning from more senior team members.
Experience And Guidelines
- MSc or PhD degree in machine learning, or computer science/statistics with strong machine learning component
- Interest in working in a fast moving commercial environment and learn excellent organisational skills – this is a fast-paced operation in a high-growth phase, so it’s critical to be able to keep multiple balls in the air. A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills to technical and business audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms, adapting communication technical depth to the audience
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages or equivalents: Python, Scala, R
- Good programming practices, ability to write readable and structured code
- Knowledge with common data science toolkits, such as scikit-learn, Spark ML, excellence in at least one of these a plus
- Good understanding of data technologies; Hadoop, Spark, and standard relational database structures along with query languages (SQL); experience in the Cloud a plus
- Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and A/B tests
- Expertise in machine learning: framing business problems as machine learning problems, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimising algorithms
- Good understanding of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (plus) machine learning algorithms
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/search/job/UK---London/Associate-Data-Scientist_R-30222?source →