We’re seeking an exceptional Data Engineer with strong programming and analytical skills to join a vibrant and enthusiastic Engineering team. This is a full-time position, based in London but with global scope. You will work alongside smart and committed specialists in UI, software, infrastructure, and other key disciplines for advertising technology.
Our systems generate a vast amount of data, approximately 350GB per hour, distributed over many servers. We have a data eco-system based on tools including Spark, Cassandra, Redshift, Druid, Redis and PostgreSQL that allows us to retrieve, process, merge, compare and warehouse data for intensive analysis. Once centralised, the data is used to generate complex reports and data insights.
You will be responsible for building applications and solutions that leverage our data to generate new insights. You will also have scope to experiment with innovative technology to solve new and exciting challenges that our platform generates. The scope for this role is very broad and we will be relying on your expertise to ensure our data systems operate smoothly and efficiently.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and who has a proven history of solving complex large-scale data scalability challenges, as part of a highly-qualified team. It is within your remit to find new and interesting ways to use our data to maximize its monetary value to Blis. We see our data as our future.
- Expert command of RDBMS and NoSQL data store
- Intermediate to Expert level Java (and/or Scala) application development
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge of standard data structures, mining approaches and algorithms
- Intermediate knowledge of Python
- Comfortable handling large data sets, ideally with experience using Spark.
- Experience with new technologies such as Blockchain to secure the privacy of data.
- Understanding of Big O notation and performance analysis
- Understanding of both classical statistics and more contemporary analytical methods using a variety of machine learning techniques
- Linux server administration skills (proficient with Bash)
- Spark, MapReduce, Hive and other tools in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Amazon Web Services (or similar cloud provider)
- Key/value data stores, like Redis, Memcached.
- PostgreSQL (or MySQL) with advanced techniques such as partitioning and indexing
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years commercial experience working as a data engineer in a technology centric business, preferably in media/advertising technology. They should be prepared to work in a busy environment where we must react to situations in real-time.
In return we offer you the opportunity to work for a market leader in the digital advertising space, working with cutting edge technology to develop custom solutions to new problems in a new industry.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hrblis.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=76 →