Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 per annum
ESI UK is currently seeking a Data Science Engineer for the WindTwin project based in the UK. This position will play a key role in defining and implementing data science and machine learning solution for Hybrid Twin™ solutions. They will work with the data analytics team to guide development and will be responsible for prototyping data mining and machine learning software.
- Define and apply machine learning/data mining algorithms to the WindTwin project and various related customer engagements
- Lead the assessment and feasibility analysis of available software components/libraries (both 3rdparty and those already within ESI Group) to satisfy the requirements of the WindTwin and Hybrid Twin™ solutions
- Participate in the definition and prototyping of new ML algorithms for time series simulation and sensor/operational data sets
- Lead the definition of new data analytics capabilities, limitations, and application areas for Hybrid Twin™ solutions
- Work with other engineering teams to test and validate the implementation of ML algorithms in ESI Mineset
- Participate in developing proposals and execute engineering and support services for Hybrid Twin™ projects and customers
Education and Skills
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent, with solid experience as a developer following state-of-the-art practices in code design and software architecture
- Applied data science and machine learning experience (general data management, regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, clustering, classification, anomaly detection, pattern recognition, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years applying machine learning and data science in engineering applications
- Proven experience in prototyping tools in high level languages such as Python, or R.
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics)
- Experience in project management and working across cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team.
- Smart and motivated to learn new skills and solutions — has a can do attitude and seeks to make a difference.
- Experience in model order reduction and 3D or system modeling is a plus
- Experience with Java and/or Scala is a plus
- Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming) is a plus
- A portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.) is a plus
We welcome applications from all who believe they fit the skills and qualifications profile. All applicants are encouraged to apply now by clicking the apply button below and attaching a CV and covering letter detailing why they should be considered for the post.
Submitted applications will be reviewed weekly on Friday at 12:00, with those successful being contacted for interview. Early applications are encouraged. Advertising will remaining open until role is filled.
Applicants that do not hear back in 2 weeks have been unsuccessful in their application.
Closes: 22nd April 2018
To apply for this job email your details to Eve.Corbett@esi-group.com