Bell Labs is a worldwide research and development community that focuses its efforts on key technologies for telecommunications. It is internationally renowned as the birthplace of modern information theory, the transistor, the laser and the UNIX operating system. Nowadays we are working on the network of 2020. In this new scenario of interconnected things, people will, almost more than ever before, matter. The Social Dynamics team in Cambridge UK works on the idea of a society empowered by digital data. As part of the emerging research area of “Computational Social Science”, the team answers questions typical of the social sciences using computational methods. The team provides a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment with close links to top academics. Bell Labs Cambridge UK is currently seeking researchers for the area of Data Science to fill permanent Research Scientist positions and Post-doctoral positions.
The Data Science research, in Bell Labs – Cambridge, spans from advanced data mining to intelligent computational models.A successful candidate is expected to have experience in the areas of Technology and Society, Visualization and Interaction Design, or Data Science.
- Carry out an active and ambitious research program by investigating novel solutions with potential for break through innovation.
- Publish the outcomes of the research in major sci entific venues worldwide, including top confer ences and journals.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative relation ships with researchers from academia, other lead ing research bodies, business units, and govern ment agencies.
- Partner with business units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Generate intellectual property through the patent ing of ideas.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the creative and innovative atmosphere in Bell Labs. Start date January 2018.
Candidates must have a PhD in computer science, information science, interaction design, engineering or any related field. Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple Bell Labs sites. A proven record of publication(s) is highly valued, particularly in conference venues such as WWW, CHI, KDD, and CSCW, and journals such as PNAS and Science. A successful candidate will be versatile, flexible, hands-on, and a self-starter. Experience in development activities is also highly valued.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills, able to participate in robust discussions in English.
- Good track records in a research area related to the topics mentioned above, or strong industrial ex perience in a related field.
- Able to analyse data with state-of-the-art statistical techniques or build real systems. A comprehensive benefits package exists including re location costs.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/data-science-research-scientist-5399 →