As a Data Scientist, you will be leveraging our big data environment to create and apply advanced machine learning and statistical techniques. The Data Scientist is essential to ensuring our continued commitment to provide quality insight to our clients and stakeholders. The Data Scientist position is responsible for paving the way of the future when it comes to analytics and data management.
As part of the Data and Analytics team you will be a key player in the development of new models and solutions on a wide assortment of domain, not limited to credit risk, fraud and marketing. The Data and Analytics are accountable for using multiple data sources towards building actionable insight for Equifax’s customers.
Additional responsibilities of the Data Scientist include:
- Rapid product development and client focused Beta development, including batch services, predictive models and insight tools
- Maturing our Hadoop-based infrastructure as a platform for analytics and batch processing
- Assessing and adopting new analytical tools within the Hadoop ecosystem
- Supporting analytics users throughout the organisation
Required Skills of the Data Scientist:
- A natural coder, with expert proficiency in SQL and at least one of the following languages: Python, R or Scala
- Broad knowledge of analytics, database design and predictive modelling
- Experience with propensity modelling, classifiers and segmentation
- Structuring data for rapid analytics and batch processing
- Experienced working with large volumes of data
- Capable of managing a varied workload with differing priorities
Preferred Skills of the Data Scientist
- Experience working with Java
- Experience working with Python
- Commercial experience with any of the following; Hadoop, Spark and Hive/Impala
- Experience managing direct reports and/or project teams
- Bachelors Degree (Advanced Degree preferred) in Statistics, Maths, Operations Research, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Econometrics or other related quantitative discipline.
What exactly does Equifax do?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, innovative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions. The company organizes, assimilates and analyses data on more than 820 million consumers and more than 91 million businesses worldwide, and its database includes employee data contributed from more than 7,100 employers.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. Equifax offers a performance-driven culture that rewards results and encourages growth and development. Many expect us to be a serious workforce, and we are – we’re serious about continuing to grow our business, serious about working together as one team, and serious about continuously building a strong, engaged workplace that embraces integrity and change as much as it does fun, camaraderie and philanthropy.
Some noteworthy achievements for the company include: Named to the Top 100 American Banker FinTech Forward list (2015-2016); named a Top Technology Provider on the FinTech 100 list (2004-2016); named an InformationWeek Elite 100 Winner (2014-2015); named a Top Workplace by Atlanta Journal Constitution (2013-2017); named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies (2011-2015); named one of Forbes’ World’s 100 Most Innovative Companies (2015-2017). For more information, visit www.equifax.com .
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://equifax.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&layoutid=2092&inp1541=&inp1375=15183&opportunityid=15183 →