The job in a nutshell
You’ll be partnering with GoCompare’s product and engineering teams to drive actionable data insights and solutions from some of the UK’s most interesting datasets. Our data scientists work on every aspect of the product – whether it’s exploratory research to understand customer behaviour, running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models to enhance user experience. Alongside a team of world-class data scientists, you will utilise cutting edge technologies to bring our data to life.
Skills and experience you’ll need to have
- Quantitative educational background in Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical field. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Ability to prioritise your workload proactively. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis experience, preferably in an engineering or product role.
- Experience with common analysis tools – SQL, R, and Python.
- Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- A product mindset – you ask and address the most important analytical questions with a view on enhancing customer experience.
- Machine Learning background and familiarity with machine learning techniques a bonus
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working with large, complex data sets, solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Work as a unified team to produce online, real-time prediction models that create efficiencies and enhance the customer experience, including supporting development of API’s and event queues.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of GoCompare data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed to improve customer experience.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of GoCompare’s user facing products.
Who you’ll be working with
- Product – Work with Product Managers in forming their experience roadmaps, joining up delivery of ML-based models with major product feature releases.
- Engineering – Provide support to engineers in accessing proedictions, actions and insights.
- Data Engineering – Collaborate with members of the Data Engineering team to clarify dependencies and optimize outputs across teams.
- Data Protection Office (DPO) – liaise with DPO to ensure the information published has met the company’s high bar of data protection.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.gocomparecareers.com/current-roles/46/ →