Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper’s grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Royal London are looking to make an important appointment of a Data Scientist to join the Consumer Marketing Analytics team. . This team apply data science techniques to advise senior marketing managers on planning, execution and evaluation of consumer marketing campaigns .
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a major impact and help to improve/drive the marketing effectiveness and RoI of Royal London’s marketing campaigns through the application of data science and mathematical modelling techniques. You will use your deep mathematical knowledge to develop models and work closely with senior Marketing Managers to understand their problems and provide innovative solutions to meet the business need.
- Adopt and apply appropriate data science techniques to solve business / commercial problems for Consumer Marketing.
- Produce answers to complex marketing questions by working with stakeholders and SMEs across all areas and levels of the consumer business.
- Present findings to senior decision makers both orally and using dashboards and/or visualisations to maximise ease of understanding and correct interpretation.
- Demonstrate a cross platform/technology agnostic and pragmatic approach to developing data driven solutions concentrating on the business data as the asset.
- Nurture a more data driven approach to decision making by scoping and guiding the establishment of an advanced analytics capability and integrate this within the current operational environment.
- Source and manage direct relationships with external partners to accelerate the business’s analytical capability and serve as an SME to support successful delivery of the engagement objectives.
- Build, maintain & develop predictive analytical models to improve targeting and forecasting & when appropriate migrate any externally sourced capabilities in-house.
- Keep up to date with data science developments & best working practices, with specific regard to data protection and operational efficiency.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Data Scientist role.
- Independent, self-motivated and capable of delivering results with little support.
- Analytical mind-set, excellent attention to detail combined with a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Commercial sense and ability to fit advice in to an appropriate strategic context.
- Very strong communication skills and diplomatic approach to managing relationships with in-house and external partners.
- Ability to lead exploration, manage, and share knowledge to help development of wider marketing team in building a direct response business.
- Use of R or SAS or similar analytics tools
- Experience within an agency or ‘in house’ analytics team
- Experience within Advertising/Marketing analytics, Financial services or Insurance
Experience of following techniques highly desired:
- Response Modelling e.g. TV spot modelling
- Econometric Modelling for advertising
- Attribution modelling
- A/B and multivariate testing (statistical validation)
- Conversion measurement and modelling
- Customer journey optimisation
Royal London is an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the ‘Apply’ link
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.royallondoncareers.co.uk/details.html?id=PQVFK026203F3VBQBV76G8MQW&nPostingID=7066&nPostingTargetID=54861&mask=rsgplc&lg=UK →