TRL’s Engineering and Technology Division has a new opportunity for a Data Scientist with extensive expertise across the automotive domain. With responsibility for analysing technical data within the Safety and Technology Group you will be working with large and complex datasets to support effective decision making in the field of automotive telematics, autonomy, urban mobility and connected services. The role can be based from TRL’s head office in Crowthorne, Berkshire – or from our office in Birmingham City Centre.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsibility for analysing and updating a range of data sources – whether structured, unstructured or big data – relating to physical and economic aspects of Automotive & Telematics.
- Develop software in VB.net and Matlab to support effective decision making
- Work closely with clients and colleagues to capture data analysis and reporting requirements, identify relevant data sources, and carry out software development and testing within our quality management framework to meet the clients’ needs.
- Work to expand the capability and improve the performance of existing models.
- Help the wider Safety and Technology Group to identify commercial opportunities through the analysis and exploitation of data.
- Produce reports and presentations for clients and elevate the broader impact of findings (where appropriate) to other Groups / Divisions and TRL’s Academy.
Skills & Experience
- A broad understanding and previous experience of applying data analysis techniques.
- Experience of “big data” related to Telematics, Autonomy, Mobility and Connected Services
- Accomplished skills in producing, testing and managing the life-cycle of software in VB.net and Matlab
- Expertise in capturing and documenting user and functional requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of software development in other languages, especially C / C++ / C#.
- Knowledge of hardware / stats / machine learning.
- Previous experience in a project lead role.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A degree (2.1) or above in a science, computing or engineering discipline.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package (including things such as child care vouchers, discounted gym membership etc.)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/trl/vms/en-GB/e/trl/positions/cJIYFjpd1omRNDmIDzVhN4?utm_source →