RAC is a Private Equity owned, highly diverse and extremely commercial organisation – Our colleagues work at pace, we work in a challenging but rewarding environment and have a culture that allows individuals the chance to have autonomy, high visibility and to become involved in a wide array of projects.
If you want your next role to provide you an opportunity to take broad accountability and where you will be expected to help drive agendas this could be your next move.
Currently we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our fast-paced and dynamic Pricing team to support and implement the Telematics proposition for RAC, by providing assistance in undertaking a crucial function within RAC Insurance.
Working as part of an exceptional and established development and analytical team, this position shall be responsible for data analytics and mathematical modelling to develop and maintain the driver scoring algorithm, identify trends and driving styles that influence the risk of insurance claims.
The role will also cover the integration of other existing data sources within the Telematics platform and the extraction of commercially relevant value from them.
- Perform data analysis on telemetry and claims data within existing Matlab framework
- Provide support for provision of new scoring models to support insurer requirements
- Assist with structured investigation of viability of integrating multiple data sources into the existing scoring and crash classification algorithms
- Undertake detailed analysis of data and mining for insights and employs modelling techniques that offer actionable marketing benefits, informing the organization`s or client`s strategy
- Integrate data analysis and models into commercial systems which support marketing and product management/development decision making
- Develop new analysis methodologies and influences design of technologies supporting future analytical capabilities
- Communicate confidently and professionally with all customers, suppliers and colleagues delivering exceptional service at all times
- Take ownership of enquiries and requests, providing timely resolution
- Maintain knowledge by keeping updated daily on briefs/training aids and taking ownership for completing own research on products/competitors
- Carry out analysis on reported problems and resolving them by using a variety of resources
- Document, track, communicate and escalate issues
- Convey key concepts to product development to help define new features, product enhancements, and potential future market requirements
Skills, Knowledge And Qualifications
We are keen to start speaking with individuals who:
- Highly proficient with least one high level programming software (preferably Matlab /Python)
- Ability to learn and pick up quickly on IT systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and tremendous work ethic
- Good Maths or Science degree essential
- Experience of insurance or pricing would be highly beneficial but not essential
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://rac.amris.com/wizards_v2/rac/vacancyView.php?requirementId=8664&type=&withinMiles=51&searchSector=Any&postcode= →