Are you interested in leveraging your analytical prowess to help tackle strategic challenges and opportunities? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our R&D team which is helping to shape the future of insurance pricing through cutting-edge predictive analytics. The team is recognised as a centre of excellence – providing analytical insights that improve decision making and performance within Aviva. We are looking for 3 data scientists capable of utilising the latest statistical modelling and machine learning techniques to improve insurance Pricing.
The insurance industry is evolving in an age of rapid technological development, and as an organisation Aviva are investing in strengthening R&D analytics as a distinctive capability. The successful candidate will join a team who is responsible for maintaining the competitiveness of our predictive models in insurance Pricing. Building on our existing industry-leading GLM framework and unparalleled customer database, the team objective is to add-value through the integration of both new data sources (including Big Data) and the application the latest machine learning techniques. As well as contributing to the R&D agenda, the role will involve working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the alignment of priorities and maximising the usage of our insights.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Degree/MSc/PhD in numerate subject e.g. Maths, Applied Sciences, Engineering.
- Exceptional numerical ability and creative thinker/problem solver.
- Database extraction and manipulation using SQL/Oracle, with experience in handling big-data an advantage e.g. AWS/Hadoop.
- Experience using some of the major data science tools e.g. R (preferable), Python, SAS.
- Proficiency in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques e.g. k-means, decision trees, neural networks, ensemble learning, etc.
- Experience in feature engineering and designing robust model tuning approaches would be an advantage.
Desirable Personal Skills
- Organised self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the candidate would be expected to work across and between existing teams so the ability to work with others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses to non-technical audiences.
What I will get for this role
- Salary in range £35,000 – £45,000 dependent on experience + 10% bonus
- Excellent benefits including pension and generous holiday allowance
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://aviva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Norwich/Lead-Data-Scientist_R-62403-1?referrer= →