Analysis and Insights provides high quality research and analytical services to underpin the business and meet the needs of external customers, using data to help students connect to the right opportunities for them.
Over the past six years, we’ve strengthened our data and analysis capability to help applicants’ decision-making, made admissions more effective for universities and schools, and enabled the UK to have the highest public understanding of the process of university admissions. Behind the scenes, we use our research capability to make important decisions on running our admissions services, and help universities, and schools achieve their objectives.
We’re now investing further in data and analysis – take a look at our vacancies to see how you can get involved.
About the role
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage significant and complex areas of strategic activity within the team.
- Lead the development of a forecasting capability.
- Be responsible for the delivery of commercially viable data products built on forecasting models.
- Lead the development of a predictive modelling and machine learning capability.
- Be responsible for the delivery of commercially viable data products built on predictive models, and machine learning.
- Lead on the strategy for exploiting predictive analytics and machine learning to deliver commercially viable data products and operational efficiencies for UCAS.
- Be responsible for the agile delivery of business outcomes aligned with the UCAS Media growth strategy, and continuous improvement in the way data products are delivered and deployed.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across UCAS to develop and deploy data products that deliver customer and UCAS outcomes.
- Contribute as a senior professional to the standing and development of the Analysis and Insights Team.
- Create and manage multiple cells of work which are innovative, well-articulated, timely, and fully exploit the potential of UCAS’ data and systems.
- Lead and manage the team of lead data scientists and/or data scientists to achieve section outcomes, and develop their skills as innovative technical creators, for present and future value to the business.
- Realise value for UCAS more widely by bringing analytically informed perspectives and abilities to discussions across the business, and at external engagements.
- Act as a role model for the unit and organisation, upholding Analysis and Insight’s culture and standards, and demonstrating the UCAS values.
Up to £60,000 with 25 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It’s not just about the financial benefits that UCAS offers – on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You’ll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/join-our-team/job-vacancies/lead-data-scientist-0 →