Salary: £38,833 to £47,722 plus excellent benefits
Build your career in the Software Engineering Subject Group with Edinburgh Napier University.
With over 50 academics, 1200 students, professional accreditation from the British Computer Society and some of the most impressive computing lab facilities at a UK university, the School of Computing is highly regarded and one of the UK’s largest computing departments at the heart of Scotland’s capital.
The Software Engineering Subject Group within the School of Computing is active in both teaching and researching artificial intelligence, information visualisation, data science, and software engineering, with strong links to industry. The subject area has a range of courses across including online and work-based postgraduate courses in Data Science.
Edinburgh Napier University has around 18,500 students studying across our three campuses in Edinburgh and through transnational education overseas. We also have an international community with students from more than 100 countries and over 1,500 staff. We not only offer a competitive salary but also an attractive pension and a minimum of 46 days holiday per annum.
Further information about the School of Computing can be found here. Additional facts and figures on the university can be found here. We have recently received our Athena Swan Bronze award for inclusivity.
This is an opportunity to join an established community of teaching and research in computer science. The successful candidate will bring their experience and enthusiasm of data science to join the team and take part in lecturing and research.
The ability to work with data is a key feature of this role and this specialism would create new opportunities for you to build on our existing expertise in databases, statistics, machine learning, and information visualisation. Applicants will have a publication track record focused on working with data. You will contribute individually by developing capacity for data science within the subject area. In return, you will be well supported by the Professors and Associate Professors in the existing team.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Who We Are Looking For
Applicants must demonstrate:
- A doctoral level qualification in the relevant discipline.
- Evidence of a professional academic and research profile alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in specialism to develop high quality teaching/learning and research programmes and have experience of research led teaching and/or training.
- Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation.
- Demonstrate a level of achievement appropriate to the post being applied for, including international/national standing, research track record of high quality outputs, external income generation, and academic leadership.
- Demonstrable teaching knowledge and research activity in the areas of data science.
Benefits We Offer
Lecturer, Grade 6: GBP 38,833 – GBP 47,722 per annum
Further information about our benefits can be found here
Application Closing Date: Wednesday, 2 May 2018
Start date is negotiable.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.napier.ac.uk/mthrprod_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=8372048KUb&WVID=4376296Olf →