Depending on their experiences, the candidates will be appointed into one of the following roles: Research Scientist, Senior Scientist, Lead Scientist, Principal Scientist or (Senior) Engineer.
The Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI) is the UAE’s national research organisation, which aims for breakthroughs in fundamental and applied AI research.
We have already been joined by some of the best minds, and we are looking for talented and passionate candidates to carry out our research. They will have backgrounds in CNN, RNN, GAN or other deep neural networks with both theoretical and applied knowledge.
IIAI gives the freedom of academic research that will drive you to broaden your horizon and learn from senior peers. Ideas may come from internal projects, as well as from collaborations in research programs with partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. Huge amounts of data across the country can help to fulfill and fast-track your research into real-world scenarios.
- Work alongside other world-class research scientists and engineers to promote breakthroughs in both fundamental and applied research in AI field.
- Participate in driving excellence in a wide range of unsolved AI problems.
- Design and prototype algorithms based on real-world data.
- Publish prolifically at top-ranking conferences and in leading journals.
- File actively for AI technology and AI-related patents on a global scale.
- Promote heavily the transferability of our research findings and engineering results.
- Participate in advising the national government and support its oversight of the entire AI ecosystem in the country.
- PhD in the field of Computer Vision, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics or related streams.
- Profound knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning (CNN, RNN, GAN, VAE, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge and development experience of deep learning frameworks (e.g. Caffe, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Mxnet and/or Theano).
- Hands-on experience in prototyping deep learning applications using Python, Matlab, C++ and/ or other programming languages.
- Familiar with GPU computing (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenACC) or HPC (MPI, OpenMP).
- Strong publication record at conferences and in journals, such as TPAMI, IJCV, NIPS, ICML, ICCV, CVPR, ECCV and ICLR.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Freedom of academic research without the pressure of grants and teaching in academia.
- Huge amounts of data across the country that can help you fulfill and fast-track your research into real-world scenarios.
- A GPU farm of 100 NVIDIA DGX-1 servers and other GPU machines (1000 Tesla V100 GPUs).
- An enjoyable modern working environment with a spectacular sea view.
- World-leading standard of healthcare, education and hospitality industry.
- All year round sunshine and amazing beaches.
- Full benefits, such as medical and dental insurance, flight tickets to home country.
Package: GBP 90,000~135,000 (tax free) per annum for a research scientist position. Extremely competitive packages for higher positions (salary negotiable).
- Our office is situated in the central business area of Abu Dhabi, within walking distance of shopping malls, various restaurants, the Cleveland Clinic that offers the world’s best healthcare and multiple sea view luxury residential blocks. Being the home to 175 nationalities, the UAE provides an open-minded and hospitable living and working environment to all expats. From clothes to cuisines, in the UAE, you can always find the humblest and the most extravagant.
How to apply: please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com