We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We are a global leader in the engineering and construction industry. Arup uses and drives the creation of disruptive technology to transform population and traffic modelling, simulation, lighting studies and technical consulting.
Our environment is start-up-like, agile and there is a community of support, talks and learning opportunities within the business.
Our aim is to become a technical leader in the use of cloud platforms and machine learning for construction and engineering in the built environment.
We believe that networking technologies should be used to connect the urban and building scale with the human dimension, building hybrid physical and digital experiences that augment the understanding of the world and improve the possibility to interact with the built environment.
You will support our team to develop and grow our interactive design, smart controls, IoT consulting, digital systems design, physical prototyping and computational design offer.
You will bring a sincere interest in technology, for example by regularly engaging with tech blogs, attending conferences, and spending time on creative open source projects.
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills to create a wide range of software products related to streaming data form IoT devices, batch and historical data analysis, Deep and Machine learning. This will be carried out using cutting edge cloud based tools.
In this role you can expect to gain a fair amount of learning and development, therefore the ability to pick up new tools and methods is important.
Depending on the type of project and development opportunity, you would be involved in any of the following activities:
- Platform design for data collection, storage and analysis.
- Development of Machine Learning pipelines.
- Implementation of Deep Learning libraries for classification, regression.
- Using open source and custom models for image recognition.
- Develop statistical models for quantitative data related to sensors, buildings surveys and traffic.
- Testing different models for accuracy and performance.
Requirements and Skills
Essential skills and experience:
- PhD or MSc in Statistics, Mathematics or other numerical discipline.
- Commercial experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries such as SciKit, R, Matlab, NumPy, Spark, and Tensorflow.
- Confident commercial programming ability in Python, C++ or Java.
- Confident with iPython notebooks.
- Experience with Apache Spark.
- Experience in classification, parametric/non-parametric methods.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning, Neural Nets, RNNs, CNNs.
- Community participation in machine learning talks, meetups, forums or open source projects.
- Capability to work with distributed computing and GPU based libraries and frameworks.
You will also need to have a passion for teamwork, with good communication and writing skills and an ability to plan and organise your own work.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Cloud platforms, Google Compute, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Testing frameworks, Scalatest, Junit, Unittest.
- Knowledge of distributed databases and Publish-Subscribe patterns.
- SQL, No-SQL.
- GitHub, Git, or Bit Bucket.
- Linux, Ubuntu or MacOS.
- Familiarity with SSH, Rsync, remote connection tools.
Although not essential, some or a combination of the following skills and attributes would be of value:
- Use of visualization tools such as Data Studio, Tableaux.
- Proficiency with presentation software.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.joinarup.com/job/senior-data-scientist-iot-applied-digital-strategies-LON00008A-94/?utm_source= →