Based in Hammersmith
We are looking for a senior data scientist to work on an exciting new initiative in dunnhumby that will help our clients understand their customers better than ever before. Using a varied and rich set of customer data, you will be searching for the interactions that create insights and value for consumers and clients. You will need to be able to self direct your work and collaborate with the wider team to productionise analytics and insight generation. The role would suit someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who can differentiate between what is valuable/ important to consumers and clients versus merely interesting.
We are looking for someone with experience in Big Data and attitudinal, retail or social data.
- Research new data modelling, machine learning and data mining techniques for application across functions such as recommender systems, optimisation, pricing , time series forecasting, uplift evaluation and AB testing, Natural Language processing, computer vision, clustering and segmentation.
- Leverage state-of-the-art big data tools (such as Hadoop, Spark, Python, R) and techniques to build innovative solutions using appropriate modelling techniques and data sets with a focus on implementation.
- Develop and embed improvements to data science processes, in particular around building, deploying and monitoring.
- Explore different ways for data visualisation with tools like D3.js or Tableau.
- Look creatively at our data challenges and map out the best approaches to tackle them using the state of art machine learning.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Sought
- Masters in Psychology, Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent field.
- 2 years+ work experience (post-education) with big data sets
- Experience with Python & Hadoop
- Experience with attitudinal, retail or social data.
- Passionate about tackling difficult questions and building innovative data services using Big datasets.
- Creative problem solver with an inquisitive nature.
- Drive and discipline to get things done.
- Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a co-operative team player.
- Ability to demonstrate good commercial awareness.
- Self-sufficient in managing a project from end-to-end with minimal support
What’s it like to work at dunnhumby?
Our values underpin every aspect of our culture and are the force that drives us every day; Curiosity, Passion, Courage and Collaboration.
- As a dunnhumbian you’ll have plenty of learning and development opportunities, and we have a serious commitment to helping you take your career to the next level.
- We have a flexible health and wellness package offering; Private Healthcare, Denplan, Critical Illness and Life Cover insurances cover
- We’re passionate about work, but we also understand there’s a whole lot more than that, so we offer flexible working, 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and early finish Friday’s!
- On top of all of this we also have a Benefits Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Treat Yourself Allowance, Travel and Season Ticket Loans, a Cycle to Work Scheme, we match contributions to your Pension up to 4% and you can take any of your unspent benefits allowance in cash or your pension.
To apply for this job email your details to Emily.Hale@dunnhumby.com