Competitive salary + benefits
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Funding Circle helps small businesses around the world get the funding they need.
Our platform connects SMEs and investors, cutting out the middleman and disrupting the traditional banking industry.
In 2017 alone, we helped over 40,000 small businesses grow creating over 75000 jobs and putting £4 billion back into the global economy!
We are looking for people who want to be part of this journey, who question the rule book and bring new ideas.
Our Data Scientists are quantitative analysts who can extract meaningful insights from customer data, and leverage predictive models to optimize business performance. They support Risk management, Marketing, Capital Markets, Operations and Finance teams. This is a strategic role that sits at the heart of value creation by turning data into a long term competitive advantage.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will…
- Drive the evolution of best in class Channel Analytics by:
- Working with Tech & Data teams to define requirements and review solution builds
- Applying insights from customer response data to build response and targeting models
- Building Attribution Models and optimising offline and online Marketing Mix to drive growth
- Developing and applying real time links between spend across channels and response patterns
- Working with Tech and Operational teams to ensure identified wins are delivered
- Managing and mentoring direct and indirect reports to deliver significant increases in productivity
- Deliver cutting edge models using the latest techniques and upskill the team:Use advanced statistical analysis to design testing and predictive models whilst creating and improving on best practices to be used across the Funding Circle analytics community
- Drive thought leadership across the business: Recommend optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics and scenario analysis
- Build global frameworks that are scalable across markets and help to drive business outcomes & portfolio performance
- Work closely with partner teams across business and risk to ensure analytical outputs meet stakeholder expectations
- Communicate effectively analytical outcomes to wide variety of internal and external constituents including senior stakeholders
- Up to 20% travel
You’ve been there and done this:
- Demonstrable strong Machine learning/AI experience along with proficiency in analytical tools like R and Python, Excel VBA, Tableau, SQL
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data architecture, modelling techniques, consumer behaviour patterns and the key drivers of marketing or credit performance optimization
- Has exceptional analytical skills with an advanced degree in a quantitative field like mathematics, physics, computer science, statistics, economics, econometrics etc
- Have strong experience in a channel or product analytics role in a major digital or financial services organization with demonstrated track record of data science delivery in channel analytics, marketing analytics and/or risk analytics
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Identifies with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
If this role sounds of interest to you – please apply today.
As an equal opportunities employer we do not discriminate on age, gender, religion, nationality, gender expression, disability or anything else that makes you who you are.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/funding-circle-uk/job/onZY7fwb?__jvst=Job Board& →